Wednesday 10 September 2014

I was NOT a fan of Joan Rivers, but she taught me two valuable lessons!






Now I have to be honest!
I was never a fan of Joan's harsh, crude, acid-tongue and condescending humour. In fact, I can't remember one of her jokes, where I even giggled.

But the day when I heard that she passed away due to a medical procedure, was the day I remembered something special about her. 

On the 4th of September 2014, the world not only lost another well-known comedian but also an astute business woman. 

You probably don't know this but in 2009, Joan Rivers was announced the winner on Donald Trump's series, The Celebrity Apprentice. 

She was competing against 16 celebrities from Dennis Rodman, Clint Black, Tom Green to Jesse James. 

From day one, Joan Rivers took the limelight as she ordered the other celebrities around with each task they were assigned. And on day one of the Celebrity Apprentice, I knew she was going to win! 

As much as I HATE her comedy, there'll always be a part of me that actually admires Joan Rivers feistiness and work ethic when it comes to business. 

That's why today I'm going to share with you two lessons Joan Rivers taught me about success and how you can apply them to your trading.


Lesson #1: “You go on stage, and you’ve got to be in command. You have to put down drunks and control the conversation” - 53rd Primetime Emmy Awards 2001

Joan Rivers never got distracted while she was working and neither should you as a successful trader.

You need to take charge and follow your winning trading strategy without being distracted by other external influences.


And by external influences, I mean all of those news headlines yapping on the TV, all of your emotional buddies that are trying to change your trading decisions and other stuff you read!

Lesson #2:
 Take every chance and every opportunity that you can. Don't say 'I can't' or 'I shouldn't' or 'I'm too tired.'" – The Philadelphia Inquirer, 1995

Most beginner traders come into the market with a deluge of excuses!


 “I can’t follow my own 
trading rules”, “I’ll miss this trade and take the next one”, and “I’m too tired to trade”.

If you say things like this then I’m sorry but you must wake up!


You’re not fooling anyone with those excuses.


Each day you make an excuse and do nothing, you miss out on is a potential trade that could take you one step forward to your financial fortune.


If you’re making these kinds of excuses, then you’re probably going through typical ‘trading doubt syndrome’. This is where you doubt your 
trading strategy and yourself.

No matter how good a trade looks, the only button you’ll press is the off switch on your computer.


So what can you do to stop the excuses and start the trading success process?


Well, first you have to find the cause of why you’re making these excuses.


Maybe you feel that you don’t want to lose a big chunk of your hard-earned money. Well if that’s the case, then simply risk less and you’ll feel more at ease!


Or if you don’t think you should trade because you don’t have what it takes, then you might need to go back to reading and asking.


You can either read some of the top 
trading psychology books or you can ask me at InvestorsClub.co.za. I’ll help guide and motivate you until you achieve the success you deserve.

Once you find the causes of these excuses, you will overcome them, and speed up your 
trading success…

I’m sure you can see now why Joan was the success she was and why I give credit where credit is due!

Until next time, “Wisdom yields Wealth”

PS: Click on the link for more tips, tools, tricks and secrets!




No comments:

Post a Comment